Thursday, October 14, 2010

Detention Meditations

Every Thursday after school, my classroom becomes the HS's detention. As I sit here with my band of hooligans, I feel like I am also being punished. Trust me, the $150.00 a get at the end of the semester does not cover this extra job. We all watch the seconds on the clock tick by. They can't wait to pull out their cell phones and check their facebook and neither can I. So, since I have taken to blogging, I have decided to use my time to update everyone on what is going on in high school.

First of all, did you know it is now cool to wear socks and sandals? Those old men at the mall must be trendsetters because "everybody's doing it." I am not sure what old man trend will be next. Maybe the fanny pack? I can only dream!

Second, it is also very "poppin" to leave all of your price tags on all of your clothes. Gentlemen and ladies alike walk down these halls sporting their stickers and tags. I am not sure if it is to show that you can shop lift like the best of them or to show that you really did pay that much for that pair of jeans. No one really likes it when I stand at my door with a pair of scissors and offer to snip those little tags right off for them.

Third, it is also in vouge to state, "That's salty." Students say this when they are mad because I won't let them go to the bathroom in the middle of a test or after I have cut off their clothing tags. Apparently if you have salt on you that is bad. This must be a reference to Lot's wife? What Biblically grounded kiddos we have here!

And those, my friends, are my Detention Meditations.

~ Steph ~

No comments:

Post a Comment